The Software Engineering and Management certificate program is designed primarily for industry practitioners who are involved in software engineering activities and who would like to enhance their formal education in software engineering and acquire the most modern development practices without completing a full Masters degree. The program is also for individuals who have formal education in computing and who would like to acquire software engineering education to apply for software engineering positions.
The entrance requirements for students entering the graduate certificate program include:
- BS degree in a computing or related discipline with a GPA of 3.0 or better or substantial experience in information technology
- Two or more years of practical experience in IT
- Three letters of reference.
Fall Priority Deadline: March 1
Spring Priority Deadline: October 1
Applicants must complete an application to Graduate Studies for admission into the certificate program and submit an application fee along with the following materials:
- Copy of Official Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL scores (international applicants)
See the Graduate Studies website for the application procedure and fees.