The Data Science Certificate requires the completion of one core course and three elective courses (from the specified list), total of four (4) courses with a minimum of eleven 11 credit hours.
- EECS 731: Introduction to Data Science(Must be taken in the first semester in the program)
Elective Courses (3 courses, minimum of 8 credit hours required)
- EECS 738: Machine Learning
- EECS 746: Database Systems or EECS 767: Information Retrieval
- EECS 775: Visualization or DSCI 714: Data Visualization
- EECS 837: Data Mining
- STAT 840: Linear Regression or STAT 871: Mathematical Statistics or MATH 728: Statistical Theory
*No credits may be transferred from another institution for this certificate.
*A grade of C or higher must be earned in each course.